Social Icons

Pages

Blessings in disguise

Oh so beautiful for my ugly feet ;)

After frittering much of my energy venting out my frustration through my previous entry, I realized that everything that happened with me and the cashier was a blessing in disguise. I was granted a $15 gift card in exchange of the cashier’s awful customer relations skills and the $5 off the original price that she insistently excluded from my purchase.

Sometimes we overlook the little blessings because some other things tend to come into the picture and blur them out. Annoyance robs our attention, taking away the joy from our hearts, filling it up with fury for a replacement. Sometimes one more word or another gesture can push the red button in us that may lead us further to wrongdoing.

I guess my reaction was normal. What I could have done more would be irrational especially for somebody who claims to be a Jesus freak like I do.

Ephesians 4:26 says “Be ye angry but sin not…”

This sounds ironic for me. How can I be angry without sinning at all? When I get angry, I mostly only care about what I feel. All I am so concerned about is how my pride was being crashed whether it be noticeably or just to some extent. I was embarrassed. I was hurt. I was right. That’s all that matters to me. I have the right to be angry thus, I have the right to do or say whatever suits me best.

Thanks to the Sunday school lessons at church, that is not how the world goes for me now. Just because I am angry and I have the right to be, doesn’t permit me to do or say whatever I want. I have to remember my crowning glory and my fashion sense for holiness and most especially for Whom I am doing all these. As much as I want to let the bomb within me explode ferociously, I just have to stop and think again.

And so, when I thought of barging once again in to the Payless shop after work yesterday and ask the cashier how her manager confronted her, I smiled to myself and thank the Lord for the $15 gift card; went home and tried on the sandals I got for myself.

0 squiggly notes..: