Social Icons

Pages

DIY: Lace Pencil Skirt

After too much time spent on surf shopping
(yes, my very own term for online window shopping ,lol),
it was beyond relief to have
stumbled onto this cream lace pencil skirt.
I knew, however, that more than I needed, I wanted a black one too!
Thankfully, my frugal mode got partially activated
that hindered me from adding the black option to the shopping cart.
But the itch was annoying enough,
compelling me to find means to get what I want.  
Then the search for sewing patterns and DIY tutorials began.
I finally found this tutorial and this. Both are very easy to follow.
 The only change I added was to use my favorite pencil skirt for a blueprint
rather than taking my measurements.
I love the outcome as it catered to my desired fit and comfort.

8 squiggly notes..:

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

I absolutely adore your skirt! :)

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Hi Donnalyn! I just wanted to let you know that I've awarded your blog with the Liebster award! Check out this post for more details: http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-blog-award.html. Congrats!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Sheila said...

Ahh!! I love your lace skirt!!! Very cute. :)

If you have time, please come by and check out my blog! And maybe follow?

xo - Sheila
www.sheislovelyblog.com

Amy Shaughnessy said...

So cute!! I looked at the tutorial and it seems pretty easy. Why didn't I think of that? I am going to have to try it!

Amy


Fashion and Beauty Finds

Chantal said...

Hey, found you on the AP linkup. I like your style :-)

-Chantal

Www.stilldeeper.blogspot.com

Apostolic Modest said...

Loving the skirt!!!

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Hi again!

I wanted to let you know that I'm looking for guest bloggers over at Blue Eyed Beauty Blog for the month of February! If you're interested you can find more details here: http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/2013/01/guest-bloggers-wanted.html

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
Exercise Encouragement Group Blog

Tamara @ Go Fish Style said...

so cute!

If you have a moment, check out our GIVEAWAY on Facebook. One lucky winner will receive our new batik HiLo Dress just in time for Spring! http://on.fb.me/11E41h6